Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » Staff Predictions: No.15 Tennessee-Akron

Staff Predictions: No.15 Tennessee-Akron

• No.15 Tennesseeis set to host Akronon Saturday night for its third non-conference game of the 2022 schedule. Tennessee opened as a fifty-point favorite against the Zips as the Vols will look to fine tune some things before embarking in conference play. Ahead of the contest, the Volunteer Country staff shares their score predictions.MattTennessee opened this contest as an overwhelming favorite, and the line has shifted down a few points, but I still like the Vols to cover in this one. Tennessee should have no issues in any phase of the game with the Zips. This will serve as another important opportunity for the Vols to build depth. I like Tennessee to take a big lead into the half, then the younger guys should display some fireworks of their own. I like Tennessee 66, Akron 3 in this one.DaleComing off a thrilling overtime victory over Pittsburgh Gerald Mincey Jersey, it would be easy for the Vols to come out sluggish, but I dont think that happens. I think Josh Heupel and the Tennessee staff will have their team ready for a rocking Neyland Stadium. Physically, the Vols are too much for the Zips, and if they are ready to go mentally Kurott Garland Jersey, then this game should be no issue. 

September 2, 2023 11:47 AM HKT